Opportunity Zone Investing - A Unique Investment Strategy
February 26, 2019
The Opportunity Zones tax incentive was established by Congress in the 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act as an innovative approach to spur long-term private sector investments in low-income urban and rural communities nationwide. We believe this to be an extremely unique investment opportunity for qualified clients. Capital gains deferral and advantages are a substantial part of the tax benefits investors may receive. We have created an SFMG Executive Summary of Opportunity Zone Investing. The piece covers:
- A description of Opportunity Zones
- An overview of Tax Incentives1
- A comparative illustration of Opportunity Zones vs. Standard Portfolio Investments
- SFMG’s Unique Approach to Opportunity Zones
Click below to read our executive summary. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss the strategy in further detail.
1Risks associated with Opportunity Zones include, but are not limited to:
- Failing to stay invested in an Opportunity Zone or Qualified Opportunity Zone Fund would decrease or even eliminate the tax advantage.
- Tax laws may change between now and the end of the investment period which could be in excess of 10 years.
- Final IRS tax regulations have not been issued as of January 31, 2019.
Contact A Wealth Advisor Today